The pattern called for 1.5 inch squares and strips, since I had an abundance of 2.5 inch squares and strips my quilt turned out huge, it finished at 113 inches square before washing. I used white with black dots for the cornerstones and a black with white dots for the binding. Another quilt that was easy to piece. All types and colors of scraps went into this quilt.
The quilt isn't as crooked as it looks, my hanging job was off. I used 23.96 yards, including the back and binding. This quilt is off to live with a very good friend.
This next quilt is going to Ronald's house. It is 47 inches square. I had a bunch of leftover 2 x 3.5 blue strips and paired it with some orange pieces. Luckily I had the perfect fabric for the border. This is a bright and cheery quilt.
Used - 397.27 yards
Added - 94 yards
Net Used YTD - 303.27 yards
Quilts finished in 2012 - 42
My goals for 2012 are simple~
1 - make one QOV each month.
2 - make one quilt for Ronald McDonald's House each month
3 - finish one already started quilt each month
4 - if I complete the above 3 goals each month I can start one new quilt