These blocks are for Margaret's Hope Chest. Click here to check out their website. They are super simple to make and you can get almost 2 blocks per fat quarter. I made 14 of them, there were 15 but I cut through all the layers when trying to remove the backing from one block. Simple raw edge sewing.
This pattern is from Cluck Cluck Sew - Basket Case. I used dimples strips. I think it looks a lot better if a jelly roll is used. The weaves would then blend into one another and not looked disjointed. I may try this pattern again. A local group will find a good home for this quilt.
Meet our new family member, Harry. He is about 12 and toothless. Bill teased me that I am the only person he knows that would get an inheritance that would cost us $ on a daily basis ( I asked for Harry and Bill agreed he needed to come and live with us). Harry has chosen Bill as his person, he tolerates me while Bill is away from home. Harry flew home with me from New Jersey and had his own suitcase, which was bigger than mine. He brought two scratching pads, 2 beds, numerous toys, canned food, meds, bowls, etc... So hopefully he felt right at home once we got his stuff unpacked.
He is quite the pest, jumping on the ironing board while the iron is hot, messing with the thread while I am piecing, sitting on the fabric as I am trying to sew, etc... The worst part is the dirty looks he gives me when I move him to his window seat so he can watch the birds and squirrels. For a Yankee he is adjusting well to the Southern life, it helped that I was able to spend 6 days with him in his home before heading to TN. He also likes to disturb my mother's puzzle pieces and her crocheting. We have a few dog gates up to keep the dogs out of certain areas, but Harry has no trouble jumping over them. He does understand the word "no", but only when he wants to. Living with a Cat is a fun, new experience.
Visited a quilt shop in KY and didn't see anything that I had to have. I did "feel" that I needed to make a purchase so I choose the kit to make this top. The hardest part of this quilt was cutting the center panel to the correct size. This quilt will be going to Ronald's House and I am hoping a young teen will fall in love with the mermaid. It has been in the closet for at least 5 years and only took me 30 minutes to finish the top - what was I waiting for? Makes me wonder how many other tops I have that only need a little bit to finish them.
Here is the first finish for my "Summer Of Done".
It is 42 inches square, perfect baby size. It has a
green flannel back. It is a bright, happy quilt. The white circles in the border pop and adds a lot to the quilt. This one will be going to Ronald's House. I have already picked my next
"Summer Of Done" baggie, just have to decide which patterns to use.
Used since last post - 31.62 yards
Used YTD - 230.35 yards
Added since last post - 0
Added YTD - 87 yards
Net Used YTD - 143.35 yards
Quilts finished in 2012 - 25
My goals for 2012 are simple~
1 - make one QOV each month.
2 - make one quilt for Ronald McDonald's House each month
3 - finish one already started quilt each month (have about 20 of these, some more than 3 years old)
4 - if I complete the above 3 goals each month I can start one new quilt
1 - 2 - 3