Friday, March 15, 2013

Visitors.....

Every morning we have a herd of deer that come strolling through our woods, they probably live in the woods at the far end away from our home.

There are 7 of them. Couldn't get them all in one picture.


Harry and the Hendersons is a fun movie and seeing the deer remind me of the ending when they take Harry back to the forrest and all of a sudden you see other Bigfoot/Bigfeet (?) magically appear. Same with the deer, out of the corner of my eye I see a flash of white and look up and there they are.

I think they come by to say hi to our dogs.
They come within 1 foot of the fence and all the barking doesn't send the deer running off into the woods. They just stand there and twitch their tails. I think the deer actually enjoy this commotion from the dogs.



3 comments:

krisgray said...

Love these photos! I've never seen deer hang around a barking dog(s). As I left out sewing session yesterday a lady was putting out corn to feed the deer near the retirement village.

Denise :) said...

Oh!! Hahaha!! They're teasing your dogs! They know fully well that the dogs are stuck on the other side and they're taking full advantage!!! I love watching deer. We have a group of about twenty does/yearlings that are wandering around the camp. They are so entertaining! :)

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Hi Dee Dee! Our dog helps with our deer problem, most of the time Deer are pretty animals, but can eat things they're not supposed to, like your veggie garden. Thanks for visiting my blog!