Sunday, March 21, 2010

Stash Report - March 21, 2010

Happy Spring!


I pieced this top last week and finished it this week. I am not very creative when it comes to using up a gazillion 2.5 inch squares.


I pieced this top last year and finished it this week. I have a hard time tossing away these little pieces,I feel guilty when I do. The solid is a really nice deep blue - not periwinkle.


This is another way I found to use up some of the 2.5 inch squares. Pieced in January and finished this week.


The black and white fabric is NYC landmarks.I bought this at "The City Quilter" in NYC almost 5 years ago. I have been looking for the perfect pattern and came across the BQ pattern while in SD last year. I am not at all happy with this quilt. I made it as a rememberance of my NYC trip. I have decided to give it to a friend at Christmas. I think the reason why I don't like it is because the repeat in the fabric happens too often . I still have yards of the NYC fabric and I am going to get some other NYC fabric and mix it up a bit. The City Quilter is going to be coming out with custom NYC fabric that is just made for their shop. I really like the red and black fabrics next to the print. This was pieced last year, quilted in January and  I put the binding on this week.

Fabric in this week - 0
Fabric in YTD - 113

Fabric used this week - 40.35
Fabric used YTD - 111

Fabric busted YTD - -2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your stash quilts! The star quilt at the top may not make you feel very crative, but it sure is gorgeous! Great week this week!

Bari

Mary-Kay said...

I love the scrappy star quilt. And the blue on eand the green one. I love them all. I recognozed the pattern for your NYC quilt right away.It looks great.

Penny said...

I too love the scrappy star quilt. I think it shows great creativity. Lovely quilts.