Sunday, April 8, 2012

Stash Busting - April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Not much got done this week. I pinned and sewed a lot of apple core blocks.

I did start and finished this QOV

I thought that since the blocks were 6.5 inches that this pattern would have used a lot more fabric than it did. It used 654 2.5 inch tone on tone and solid blue squares, I actually had that many, and more, in my 2.5 inch bin. So nice not to have to cut any.

Used since last post - 8.93 yards
Used YTD - 131.12 yards

Added since last post - 0
Added YTD - 74 yards

Net used YTD - 57.12 yards - looking better every week

Visit Judy's blog to see how everyone is doing.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very nice QOV. Impressive that you had that many precut blue squares! My scrap saver system is not that advanced....it's great that you use them.

Michele said...

Really pretty quilt and IMPRESSIVE on the net used side!

Judy D in AZ said...

I like the nine patches-all blue. Wouldn't have thought to do that. Makes a plain pattern look complex!

Maya said...

Such a pretty quilt! I agree with Judy - just using those scrappy blues make the pattern look very interesting. You have done an amazing job with stash busting so far!

Donna said...

Very nice quilt. I'm impressed you sewed it up in a week.