Sunday, April 29, 2012

Stash Report April 29, 2012

Looking for fabric to make this quilt, I came across this purple flannel top and backing. So this was a super quick finish. I bought the purple charm pack about 5 years ago. Had a hard time finding fabric to match for the binding. I just don't have a lot of pinks and purples in my collection.


The butterflies from the next two quilts (the center of the blocks) are the last bit of fabric used for a backing. I also made a quilt from the same backing back in January.  All three of these quilts are headed to Ronald's House. 

This quilt came about as an accident. The larger quilt (below) was going to be 5 x 5 blocks. One butterfly square has a slice cut in it so it was no longer available and a 4 x 6 block quilt just looked to odd/long. I haven't made this small of a quilt in a long time. 



Once again I have backing fabric left over, not enough to piece together to make another backing but enough to make a couple of  lap quilts for Ronald's House. I usually cut them in 6.5 inch squares and put them in a baggie and into the drawer to use later. I think I will make a snowball / 9 patch from the backing. The backing will be the snowballs.  This process is never ending, make a quilt, leftover backing, make another quilt, more leftover backing, etc....   I could make pieced backings out of many fabrics, but that just doesn't appeal to me at this time.

I am still pinning and sewing apple core blocks.

I had hopes of making it to Paducah this week, not only for the quilt show - my father's family lived in Paducah in the early 1800s and I was hoping to stop by the genealogy library to see if they had any new information. Other obligations came up and it just wasn't meant to be.  I am sure if I had gone I would have added to my collection!

Used since last post - 14.52 yards
Used YTD - 153.48 yards

Added since last post - 0
Added YTD - 74 yards 

Net used YTD -  79.48 yards

Quilts finished in 2012 - 16

Check out other stash reports at JudyL's blog.


1 comment:

Dar said...

Your quilts are cute. I know the feeling about using up left overs and still there are leftovers!! Don't worry about missing Paducah. There will be another year and they will have lots of fabric for you then! Ha