Finished the QOV that I cut out wrong a few weeks back.
I really like this quilt. The center of the stars are string blocks, the points are misc. blues, the background are all scrappy white/beige. This is bigger than the required sized. My cousin is 6'8" and was a US Marine for over 30 years, so I made this QOV thinking there are other servicemen that are really tall.
I saw this pattern as the background of a blog - sorry but I don't remember whose blog - It wasn't a quilt, just a drawing of sorts. This top went together really quickly. I used 2.5 x 6 inch strips and 2.5 inch squares for the pinwheels. I shouldn't have put the partial spokes of the pinwheels along the edges. I will have to remember that for next time. This quilt is going to Ronald's House and hopefully a teen will get it..
This is a charm star quilt - made from 5 inch squares and the star points are made from 3 inch squares. I used the same fabric for the stars and the sashing. This quilt went together really quick, big blocks at 14 inches finished, plus I think it looks great. This quilt is going to a local cancer group, along with the quilt below.
I tried my Curve Master foot to piece this apple core top, but I just can't get the hang of it. It would be a lot easier if I didn't have to do all the pinning. Totally scrappy as is the binding.
This is a QOV. Matchsticks by Atkinson Designs.
The center of this giant tumbler I Spy quilt was found in between some fabric on the shelf. Decided now was the time to add the borders and get it finished and on it's way to it's new home.
I love the binding - a stripe with polka dots, just perfect with the dot border. It is dated 2005 and I wish I had bought more of it. This one is going to Ronald's House. The backing is flannel.
used since last stash report - 57.49 yards
used YTD - 122.19
added since last stash report - 6 yards
added YTD - 74 yards
net used 2012 - +48.19 yards
I either need to quit buying fabric or I need to use more!
Go to Judy's blog to see how others are doing using their stash.