Monday, December 30, 2013

Design Wall

I pulled out a bin to get started on finishing up some of my UFOs and found the makings for this quilt - pieces already cut out for the 66 inch quilt.

I put up a piece of batting in our hall so I could lay out these pieces. The blocks on the batting are for a quilt abt 100 inches square.


The pattern is from American Patchwork and Quilting from Feb. 2011 - Row By Row.
I thought about making it bigger but I just finished my half hexie red, white and black quilt so not sure I want another bed size quilt in the same colors. Also haven't decided on the sashing color, probably a light gray. To make it bigger I will need to cut out 100 more blocks. Not sure I have the fabrics in my stash to make it bigger, I think that will be the deciding factor. I just might put it back in it's bin and back on the shelf and work on it later in the year.

Does anyone have any feedback on Joann's Soft and Crafty Toasty batting?

So fun to see what others have on their design walls so check out Judy's blog....


6 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

Love your colors for Row by Row. Nope I've never used the toasty batting, but I do love the name and makes me curious everytime I hear it :)

Denise :) said...

I love these colors -- perhaps instead of a bed quilt, you could do a throw quilt for your favorite chair??! :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Can you make it smaller so it can be a *finish*? I like those blocks!

Ramona said...

The colors are lovely! I would go for a smaller quilt, too. It would make a pretty table cover.

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks. I like Alycia's idea of making it a smaller quilt.

Shannon said...

I have some red and black fabrics that I haven't decided what to do with. I like the idea of using the gray for the sashing, then I could add my white with red and blacks fabrics too. Thanks for the idea!