Sunday, January 25, 2015

Fabric Report ~ January 25, 2015 - RMH #3

Here is quilt #3 for RMH. 

This single Irish Chain is 66 x 54.
The black has pink dots of various sizes and colors - very cute. For someone who doesn't like pink I sure do have a lot of it!



We moved 3 uhaul trucks, full of stuff, to the new house last weekend.   We hired 6 guys to load and unload the truck. Everything is a big mess, not looking forward to all the unpacking. Bill's brother, who at one time worked for a moving company, said he has never seen so many boxes! Can you guess what was in all those boxes? He said they took up 1/2 of a truck, floor to ceiling (the trucks were 26 feet long), I really don't think I have that much stuff, or do I? I know that my long arm took up a lot of space in a truck, 14 ft of floor space with nothing on top of it. He told Bill that my quilting hobby is out of control and the only thing Bill could do was laugh. 

Out of control? He doesn't realize that I have a lot less than some other quilters have, plus he should be glad we moved this year, not last year when I would have had 400 more yards of fabric to move! Out of control?

What can I say - I really do have a lot of fabric and other quilting related stuff.



There will be a wall of shelves behind the boxes which is where my fabric will live.  The long arm will get set up next weekend, before we forget how it goes back together (we took plenty of pictures).

We still have at least one more truck load to go, but that won't happen for a few more weeks.


There are still a few things that have to be done to the house before I can begin staying there. Bill will be staying at the old house during the week and coming to the new house on the weekends, easier for his work schedule, until the house sells this spring.

Check out other "fabric" reports on Judy's blog.


Fabric usage since last report ~
fabric in ~ zero
fabric out ~6.98
used YTD ~22.22

Quilts Finished ~ 3 ~ each quilt will only be counted in one category
QOV ~
RMH ~ 3
UFO ~
New ~
Hexie Flowers ~ 70 out of 225

14 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Nice looking studio space! The other day my husband suggested we just leave everything here and buy all new when we move. He wasn't referring to my quilting stuff, of course!

Karen said...

I love how the pink pops in your Irish chain. One young girl is going to love this quilt. Your sewing room looks amazing. I can't wait to see it when you get everything put in its place.

Denise :) said...

I love the pink and black combo -- it's a really lovely quilt! How fun setting up a new studio!! Your brother-in-law just doesn't know what's what in the quilting world -- LOL!! Have a happy week! :)

Charlene S said...

I understand the problem. I do do not like pastel pink but found lots of other shades of pink in my stash. So all of those will go into the unloved pile to be cut into kits.

Julie in GA said...

Your new studio looks fabulous! How big is it? Your photos remind me of when I moved in 2008, stacks and stack of boxes. All that fabric is heavy!
Love your pink & black Irish Chain!

Anonymous said...

I love the quilt! and your studio looks like it will be amazing! Thanks for sharing! ~Melanie

WyoPat said...

Your studio will be great. It's exciting to see so much progress!

Kate said...

Looks like you'll have a nice new sewing space.

The Single Irish Chain turned out beautifully. Some little girl is going to love that quilt to pieces.

Shannon said...

You sewing room is going to be awesome! I was going to say that you have a lot of stuff, way more than me. But then I calculated that I only went through 200 yards of fabric last year, half of what you did. So I would expect you to have more stuff! Plus you've been quilting for a longer time too! At least your husband understands and supports your passion for quilting! Oh, almost got distracted with all that - your quilt is wonderful. I love all the different pinks in there, goes perfectly with that black. It's on my list now!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Great sewing room. And I love the Irish Chain quilt. The black and pink work great together. Good luck with your move!

MartiDIY said...

That's going to be an incredible quilting room. I take it your bil doesn't know many quilters? roflol

Jennifer said...

Great quilt and wonderful studio! Hope the machine goes back together just as expected.

Beth in MN said...

What a great studio you will have. Boy can I empathize with moving sewing equipment. We moved only 1/2 mile to a new house. It took only the weekend to move all the general household, concluding clothes, but it took the whole rest of the week to move my two sewing rooms of "fabulous sewing equipment." Love the Irish chain quilt.
Hugs

Dar said...

Your Irish chain quilt is looking good. I am not a pink lover either, but it looks good with black. I don't want to think how many boxes I would have to pack if we moved soon. That's why I must bust muy stash as much as possible. Your quilting studio looks fantastic. It is going to be so nice when you have it all set up.