I pieced the first two quilts and I do have to confess that I was getting tired of making patriotic quilts and when I saw this pattern I just had to make something that went together really fast. To my surprise the ladies in the group really liked it (if they hadn't they would have told me so, believe me) and want to have a class to make one!
I made two tumble quilts this year, I cut out way too many blocks and just decided to make a duplicate. I still have more blocks that we will use next year for the Vietnam Vets.
This quilt is the result of our last group sewing day - we made 56 blocks and used 42 in this quilt. The rest will be put in a quilt for next year.
At our next sew day we will be going over each quilt removing pieces of thread and getting them ready for the quilt show on Sept. 23rd.