Friday, April 27, 2018

Where has the time gone?

We had 8 Vet quilts that weren't given out last year and that means we don't have to make as many this year!
This is the first Vet quilt made this year. Our monthly Vet quilt sew days start up again in May. 

 These quilts are all waiting to be finished, some need bindings and some need to be quilted. They are all going to RMH.
 I have been meeting with friends on Wednesday mornings and we are all making a Lori Holt quilt. I've changed up some of my blocks as some are 6 inch and some 12 inch. I only have a few more to make. The log cabin type blocks on the right are my border blocks.


I am making progress on my hexie flower quilt, only 13 more rows to go (there are 14 and 15 in each row)! The trees I started a few years back and I am planning to make 12 of them in a 4x3 setting to hang above our bed.


I needed a new cover for my ironing board, love the bright happy colors.

I have spent Thursdays since February giving beginning quilting classes to the ladies who work on the Vet quilts. The classes didn't go the way I planned but went okay, they weren't able to grasp everything I tried to teach them. Some did better than others and others quit along the way. I think for the most part we are going to stick to string quilts...I am just not cut out to be a quilt teacher.




3 comments:

Shannon said...

Your first vet quilt is just beautiful! And the design wall looks so colorful with all those different blocks on it. Looking forward to seeing all the quilts finished!

Karen said...

Another great vet quilt. Lots and lots of Quilty Hugs.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its a great first quilt! way to get in the groove ;-)