Sunday, April 29, 2018

Quilting with Friends

Some friends and I have decided to make the same quilt pattern. We have given ourselves two months  to finish the quilt.  Our first pattern is -


It is very modern. The blocks are huge. 11x18. After cutting it took about 4 hours to make the top.

Here is my top. I didn't add the small outside border.
I found the exact flower fabric that was used on the cover of the pattern. Here is a close up of the other fabrics.
Can't even tell that the oval fabric is a print in the picture of the completed top. I like it okay, modern quilts aren't my favorite.  I will be donating this quilt to a local cancer treatment center for their patients to use while they are getting their treatments.

The next quilt we are making is
This one I'll make for an older teen for RMH. 

We saw Eleanor Burns at the Paducah quilt show a few weeks back. 

She is a very cheerful, happy, joyous person. She looked a bit fragile. She is still recovering from her heart surgery. We didn't stay for her presentation, everyone in the hall loved her!


2 comments:

Shannon said...

Funny how that oval prints reads solid in your photo. I bet it looks wonderful in person with those fabrics.

Kate said...

It's fun to see the different version of a pattern. Both will be great donation quilts. Are you going scrappy with the second one or sticking to a color theme?