Monday, July 16, 2018

Elizabeth's College Quilt - The Beginning

Our granddaughter, Elizabeth, is off to college next month. She is only going to be 2.5 hours away. She wants to become a nurse. Here is the quilt I made to fit her extra long twin bed.




I mostly had fat quarters to work with and made some hearts and crosses to fill in the spaces. I used
the "falling Charms" pattern from MSQC. I increased the size of the blocks to 8.5 inches unfinished as I wanted to showcase the fabrics




She is terribly sad to leave her cats behind when she leaves so I add this fun cat fabric on the back.
As most of the blocks have a bit of red in them I bound it with this dot.

We are giving it to her this weekend and I hope she likes it...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That is a very thoughtful quilt, both the front and the back. I think the pattern is perfect for the nursing fabric you chose. She's gonna love it!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It is just perfect!! what a sweet gift!