Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Elizabeth's College Quilt - The End

I drove into the big city today to  spend the morning with Elizabeth and her sister, Kimmy. The main purpose of this trip was to give Elizabeth the nursing quilt I had made. Plus Elizabeth invited me go dorm room shopping with her! How fun for me to be included.

We met and  I presented her with the quilt as I wanted her to see it before she bought sheets so she could buy some that would go with the quilt.

She opened the quilt and said
"g'ma I have decided not to be a nurse. I thought I told you."

In that split second disappointment must have really showed on my face because she then quickly said
"don't cry g'ma.  I was teasing you. Please don't cry. I am going to be a nurse."

I am happy to say that she LOVES the quilt.



Have to admit a thousand thoughts flew through my mind in that millisecond. What am I going to do with this quilt, do I have time to make another one, what is she going to study... I thought I was prepared if she didn't like the quilt and I guess I wasn't.

Gotta love a happy ending!



3 comments:

Shannon said...

My heart dropped in that instant as I read that....whew! Glad all is good!

Karen said...

Silky girl for scaring grandma like that. I can see she loves her quilt.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You can leave her out of the will!! what a heart scare!! ha ha little stinker - glad she loved her quilt - and she knows how much you love her!