Sunday, January 13, 2013

1/13/13 Stash Report

41 yards of fabric bought before Jan.1st. Most are backings for QOVs. Love how the fabric comes packaged from the Fat Quarter Shop.


Used since last post - 17.48
bought last year came this year - 41 
Used YTD - 23.52 - in the hole - ugh 
Quilts finished in 2013 - 2

Visit Judy's blog to see what other quilters are up to......

Goals for 2013

1) I am planning on staying out of quilt shops - there is not one thing I need. No patterns, no thread, no batting, no fabric, no rotary blades, no rulers, no gadgets, nothing. If I don't have it then I do not need it. There isn't any reason for me to visit a shop in town or online. I guesstimated how much fabric I have and I will never come close to using it all. The folks who get my quilts don't know if the fabric is brand new or 6 years old, they only know that someone out there in the world cares enough about them to make them a quilt. I will be unsubscribing to all emails from quilt stores, if I don't see it I won't be tempted.

2) Make 12 QOV

3) Make 12 quilts for Ronald's House
1
4) Finish 5 quilts that I have already started

5) Make 5 quilts for Margaret's Hope Chest

6) Learn to paper piece

Other finished quilts
1

4 comments:

Tiffaney said...

I love your goal #1. I have also found that turning off all the email temptaion is very helpful.

Sara said...

I always say there's nothing I need...then find that I need Kona white or the "right" shade/tone/tint of a fabric to go with something I already have or fabric for backing or thread to match/blend/accent. What I have just never seems to be what I need for that project.

Cheryl in Friendsville said...

If only I could maintain that sort of self-control! I know there's nothing I NEED, but, boy oh boy, there sure is a lot of stuff I WANT!!!

DeAnna said...

Ditto to Number 1. That's sorta my goal too! This is a year of finishes for me like other quilters are also voicing.