Friday, January 10, 2014

Baby Quilt #2

This baby quilt didn't turn out like I thought it would.  It looked so much better in my mind. The charms are I Spy fabrics

I think it looks messy, disorganized and that is pretty bad coming from someone who loves scrappy quilts. I had left over 2.5 inch strips in blues, greens and yellows and in my mind I saw a really cute quilt. Maybe needed more colors, maybe more structure to the color layout.

I followed this pattern from MSQC called Falling Charms, really fun pattern, easy to make and to me it looks better with all the sashing being the same color. I will have to try again using one color for the sashing.

This one finished at 36x36. My granddaughter quilted this one for me, she is 10 and did a great job meandering.

I will be so happy when we move as I am not crazy about the cork flooring we currently have. Anything will be an improvement!

I am going to have to look for a place near our new home that has a need and will welcome these baby quilts.

Linking up with Michelle.


3 comments:

Denise :) said...

I think it's fun! What charm pack did you use? It looks almost like an I-Spy quilt! :)

Anonymous said...

How odd, because I thought it was as cute as anything! I don't know what was in your head when you started, and evidently this doesn't match it, but this is adorable!

Michelle said...

It's cute! One thing they told me at the pregnancy center was that some of the quilts the staff thought were horrendous had been picked out by mothers who absolutely loved them because of a certain color or fabric that reminded them of something else.

If you don't find a hospital with a NICU to donate to, try the local birthing centers. I found a midwife who is giving my quilts to her new moms.