Sunday, January 26, 2014

Stash Report #4

I am trying to get a few months ahead with my quilting goals as I won't be able to quilt for a month or so when we move. It will be easier for me to be ahead than try to catch up, as I know that won't happen.

We are having to wait for the temps to be at least 45 degrees at night before they can pour the basement floor. Once that is done they can begin framing and the contractor said it should only take two months to get it framed in, roof and all.

The water witch guy came out and found a place where two streams cross about 100 feet down and that is where we will put the well. We will also be putting in a solar pump in the pond so we can use that water for the garden.

Baby Quilt #4
10 Tula Pink's blocks made this week...
Bill likes a different layout of the blocks and to make it bigger I am going to need 20 additional blocks. When I find a block that  looks as though it is in the style of TP's blocks I am making it. Not sure which layout I will use.

QOV #3
While at the hospital with my mother, blood clot in her leg, I walked across the street to Walgreens and bought a copy of Quilt Trends (their only quilt magazine) and on page 54 was this quilt - Smooth Jazz.  Had to quickly snap a picture while the dogs were eating, no time to move the toys. It was a fun quilt to make. Went together easily, big blocks made for fast piecing. Love all the bright solid fabrics. The center of the blocks have tiny flags on the fabric.

The presentation case is made from the same fabric that I used for the backing of the quilt.


I pulled out this stack of UFO hour glass blocks - no idea what I had planned for
them. They were already made and trimmed, so I decided the easiest thing to do was to just sew them all together and made a quilt for RMH. Only took one hour to make the top. 
Bound in lime green with white dots. 45x52


Check out Judy's blog to see more stash reports....

Added this week - 0 yards
Added YTD - 10 yards
Used this week - 22.03 yards
Used YTD - 72.66 yards
Net Used - 62.66 yards 
fabric not counted until quilt is 100% finished

Quilts finished in 2014 - 10

UFO - Jan - Feb - Mar - Apr - May - June - July - Aug - Sept - Oct - Nov - Dec
QOV - Jan - Feb - Mar - Apr - May - June - July - Aug - Sept - Oct - Nov - Dec
RMH - Jan - Feb - Mar - Apr - May - June - July - Aug - Sept - Oct - Nov - Dec
Baby Quilts - 4 of 52 quilts 
Rainbow (Angela)/Block (Judy) Challenge - 0 out of 12 months 
Fat Quarter Shop - 0 out of 12 blocks 
Tula Pink - 38 of 100 blocks

12 comments:

Denise :) said...

Great work this week, Dee Dee! I love your QOV -- you do such a great job with those! It's nice that you'll be able to do well water *and* water your lawn with water from the pond, too! I love well-water -- it's very convenient and tastes good, too! :)

Julie in GA said...

I am constantly amazed at how many quilts you produce.
I love that Quilt of Valor pattern--so beautiful!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Lovely quilts. I hope your mother is doing better.

Kathie said...

Love the QOV quilt, so pretty. Very impressed by all your numbers!!

Gina said...

Love the quilts you've made so far. I've got the Tula Pink quilt on my to do list and I'm gathering batiks to do it with xx

Kate said...

All of this week's finishes are lovely, but I really like that QOV. You are doing a super job on your goals and on stash busting.

krisgray said...

Wow - you've been busy! Love that QOV pattern, very pretty.

Karen said...

Your quilts are beautiful. I love the little hour glass quilt. RMH is a great place to give quilts. I am sure your QOV quilt will be loved.

Cathy said...

Love that quilt of valor quilt. Absolutely gorgeous!

Val's Quilting Studio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Val's Quilting Studio said...

Thanks for sharing the Quilt of Valor on this special Veteran's Day. (PS: Love seeing the toys in the pic...always wonder how you young mom's get so much quilting done!! You are amazing!!) Thanks for linking up at Tuesday ARchives Dee Dee.

Jasmine said...

I love the setting blocks in your quilt of valor. It is a great quilt.