Sunday, January 12, 2014

Stash Report #2


I bought a bunch of Tula Pink scraps ( pieces are less than a fat quarter) on etsy. Not sure how to count the scrappy bits so I am going to estimate that it all came to about 10 yards.
Most pieces are are smaller, odd shaped scraps less than a fat 8th...
These blocks from Tula Pink's City Blocks book are so fun to make - easy too. I am also using some of my fabrics in making these blocks. Fussy cutting  really makes the blocks pop.
Not sure which layout I will use. I do want this quilt to be at least 100 inches square and there is only one layout in the book for a quilt that size. If I decide on a different layout I will need to make more blocks.

Progress on our house....Tuesday afternoon....

Wednesday morning...
Done in less than 24 hours. We went with Superior Walls for the basement - their bid was only 16% higher than using other type of materials.  Pretty exciting. Next step is to order the floor  beams and since that is a custom order it can take up to three weeks. Bill decided to add a basement to the house rather than build a separate shop.

Did I ever tell you that I have only been to this property once, when we signed the papers to buy it. I take care of my mother and it is hard for me to get away  for extended periods. The new house is 2.5 hours away.

In the first few pictures you can see our 8 acre spring fed pond. It has bass, blue gill and catfish. We will be ordering some minnows this spring.

I used Kim Brackett's pattern Lake Cabin to make this QOV.... I made it one row longer and ran out of background fabric so I didn't add the borders.
It is hard to see that there are yellow stars as the cornerstones, maybe I should have used white instead of the yellow.  The beige has red and blue dots on it.

I also made two pillow cases for the QOVs -

Linking up with Judy's stash report......

Added this week - 10 yards
Added YTD - 10 yards
Used this week - 15.63 yards
Used YTD - 34.80 yards
Net Used - 24.80 yards
fabric not counted until quilt is 100% finished

Quilts finished in 2014 - 5

UFO - Jan - Feb - Mar - Apr - May - June - July - Aug - Sept - Oct - Nov - Dec
QOV - Jan - Feb - Mar - Apr - May - June - July - Aug - Sept - Oct - Nov - Dec
RMH - Jan - Feb - Mar - Apr - May - June - July - Aug - Sept - Oct - Nov - Dec
Baby Quilts - 2 of 52 quilts are made
Rainbow (Angela)/Block (Judy) Challenge - 0 out of 12 months are made
Fat Quarter Shop - 0 out of 12 blocks are made
Tula Pink - 12 of 100 blocks are made

7 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Lucky you to get those scraps. And your quilt using them will be lovely. The extra cost for those insulated panels will pay off in energy savings.

Kathie said...

Now those are pretty scraps, love all your projects.

krisgray said...

And you're off! What great numbers for the week #2! How cool to have the basement done for your new house - that must feel great. Good Luck!

Denise :) said...

Wow -- what a stunning view y'all will have!! And a nicely stocked pond, too -- does this mean freshly caught fish will be for dinner?!? Your QOV is lovely (as are the matching pillow cases) and I love your fussy cut project!!! :)

helen-mary said...

Wow - what a gorgeous view you will have!!! Jealous. BTW: love your scrappy quilts, too.

Anonymous said...

What a deal for all that Tula Pink. You should have plenty for that project now! Love the QOV, too. Your house will be awesome! At first, I thought that was the "lego" system my friends used, but these are thinner. Isn't it amazing how fast it goes together?

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh such yummy scraps!!! I want to do the City Blocks quilt too - maybe using scraps for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge? Your house is coming along! The first house we built, I got to see it maybe twice before we moved in. Life sometimes gets in the way doesn't it?