Friday, January 17, 2014

Baby Quilt #3

Here is baby quilt #3 for 2014 ~ This baby quilt is about 38x38

It is hard to see the puppy in the corner squares.

I fussy cut the puppies from a piece of flannel that was extra from a backing. The beige fabric has rabbits on it. My granddaughter quilted this one for me, she is 13. She wanted to try a more complex freehand quilting pattern  and then we decided that she should just try some waves and practice keeping the spacing pretty even between the rows. She did a pretty good job. Guess I am going to have to load some muslin and let her practice whatever she wants!

The puppy blocks are 3 inches squares and the strips were cut at 2 inches. I had just enough red paw print fabric with about 1 inch left over that went into my string bin.

It is much cuter in person. This quilt is being saved until I find an local organization to donate it to.

Linking up with Michelle's Baby-Quilt-A-Week post....

11 comments:

Denise :) said...

Sweet ... and even sweeter that your granddaughter got to try her hand in quilting it!! :)

Julie in GA said...

Very cute! Lucky you to have a granddaughter who likes to quilt.

Karen said...

Lovely quilt and double lovely to have your granddaughter quilting with you.

Karen said...

Lovely quilt and double lovely to have your granddaughter quilting with you.

Karen said...

Lovely quilt and double lovely to have your granddaughter quilting with you.

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michelle said...

That is so cute -- I love the rabbits and those fussy cut puppies in the corners. Thanks for linking up!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is is very cut, love the fussy cut pups. Your grand daughter did a super job!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

The fussy cut pups are adorable!!!!! What a great hobby to have in common with your grandaughter! (My aunt got me started as a quilter and I'll never forget her buying me my first cutting board and rotary cutter!!)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I LOVE it!!! My little one is really into dogs - what a great idea.

Terri said...

So cute! Love this quilt... a (fussy cut) puppy in the corner. The pattern is close to "Puss in the Corner", a pattern from the old days, so it's kind of a pun, too. Brilliant!
Hugs